Amendments to the Building Regulations have been published, which will apply to all applications for building control consent from 1 October 2023.
FINAL CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
Where work described in an initial notice is complete, the Client must give to the approved inspector notice to this effect. The notice must include:
- The name, address, telephone number, and email address of the Client.
- The name, address, telephone number, and email address of the Principal Contractor and the Principal Designer.
- A statement that the building work is complete.
- A statement signed by the client that, to the best of the Client’s knowledge, the building work complies with the Building Regulations.
- A statement given by each Principal Contractor for the work and each Principal Designer for the work, signed by the person to which the declaration relates and includes.
- The name, address, telephone number and email address of that person
- The date of their appointment.
- Confirmation that they fulfilled their duties under the Building Regulations (see duties above).
It should be noted that the Approved Inspector cannot issue it’s Final Certificate without receiving the signed declarations detailed in points 4 and 5 above as the Final Certificate requires the Approved Inspector to confirm they have received these statements.
Additionally, it’s important to mention that the Government has formed a new regulatory body within the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) called the Building Safety Regulator (BSR). The BSR will oversee many aspects of building safety, including Building Regulations and Building Control.
How we can help.
If you would like expert help with how the new regulations will affect you, we’d love to talk.
Here’s how to get in contact:
Or use our contact Form: https://www.hcarchitects.co.uk/get-in-touch/
Meet our team https://www.hcarchitects.co.uk/meet-the-team